Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updated Procedures
Bag Collection Procedure
In order to ensure the safety of both our staff and customers, and following government guidelines, we have implemented the following procedure when collecting essential feed orders:
- Enter the collections warehouse ONE VEHICLE at a time
- Strictly only ONE PERSON is permitted to enter The DN Store at once
- Please follow 2m social distancing procedures, sanitise your hands before entering and wear a mask at all times when in The DN Store
- ONLY when asked to do so by a member of staff, you may approach the counter to pay for your order
- PLEASE NOTE - for your safety we have installed a perspex screen and the card machine is sanitised after each use
- Once you have paid for your order, please return to your vehicle immediately
- Once loaded, please pull into the designated load fixing area on the car park to check your vehicle and strap the load
Wherever possible, please PRE-ORDER feed by calling your local DN Representative or The DN Store team on 01200 420234. This will ensure your order is dealt with in the safest and most efficient way.
CARD PAYMENT PREFERRED. In order to reduce the spread of disease and the risk to our employees, we politely ask that you pay for your order by card and avoid the use of cash and cheques wherever possible.
If you are a local customer who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if you are currently in self-isolation, please call your local DN Representative or The DN Store team on 01200 420234 and we will do our utmost to help. DO NOT leave your house or enter DN premises.
WE WILL ensure your feed order is delivered to you and have waived the 1 tonne minimum delivery for those in this situation.
Contactless Delivery Procedure
Place your order as usual by calling your local DN Representative or the dedicated orderline 01200 420201
When placing your order, please give clear delivery instructions for the driver - bin numbers, where to leave paperwork etc.
When we arrive on farm with your order, please DO NOT approach the driver
ONLY if it is essential to speak to the driver, please do so by remaining AT LEAST 2 metres apart
Paperwork will be left in the agreed place when feed has been delivered
Raw Material Intake Procedure
The overall aim of this guidance is to ensure that collections and deliveries from supplier to DN Mills are maintained through the current COVID-19 situation. With an increased seasonal demand for feed, the need to maintain capacity through this supply chain is crucial. This information has been taken from the AHDB guidance for combinable crop deliveries and collections dated the 20th March which has been collated by industry working groups and trade associations.
Payment by Cheque or Card Only
In order to reduce the spread of disease and the risk to our employees, please pay by card wherever possible. Cheque payments will also be accepted.
Local Customers In Self-Isolation
If you are a local customer currently in isolation, please call your local DN Representative or the warehouse team on 01200 420234 and we will do out utmost to help.
All Other Customers In Self-Isolation
If you are in isolation, YOU MUST INFORM US of this when placing your order. We can then agree a safe place to leave your order and paperwork.
Essential Information Required for Feed Deliveries
The overall aim of this guidance is to ensure that our feed deliveries to farms are maintained through the current and ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This information has been prepared in line with advice from the AIC, taking into consideration the latest information available from AHDB and other official sources, including Public Health England.
This information must be gathered at the point of order by the Sales Support Team, Sales Specialist, Wholesale Partner, or any individual taking a customers’ order.
Customer Information Required:
- Is the customer, or anyone else on the farm in self isolation, showing symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Up to to date and preferred contact details for someone on farm
- Mobile Number
- Email Address (where possible)
Delivery Information Required:
- Bin number(s) for product(s)
- Bag delivery point(s)
- Any other delivery points
- Where to leave the paperwork
- Any other special information
Other Important Factors:
- If necessary, customers should leave signage to indicate the location where they want the feed if the delivery point is not clear or obvious
- Customers should NOT approach the driver
- If absolutely neccessary, please ensure that a strict 2-meter social distancing from the driver is always be maintained
- Customers should be aware that the driver may leave disposable PPE, worn at the site, in line with existing biosecurity protocols for animal disease outbreaks
- This will be left in a bin bag at the delivery point
- Customers should disinfect and clean surfaces or areas around and on the delivery points where various people have or will come into contact with them
Prior to Delivery
- Customers will be contacted on the day prior to their scheduled delivery and we politely ask that any changes to people’s health on the premises, between feed being ordered and delivery, is communicated to Dugdale Nutrition
Is it important to note that WE WILL deliver feed if a customer is self-isolating, or has been confirmed as having COVID-19. We are implementing these additional procedures to ensure employee safety whilst on farm and to continue to provide excellent lead times and service on our deliveries. Failure to provide this essential information could result in delays to orders.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding during this difficult time.
All staff are required to remain in their own departments at all times.
The Company have adequate amounts of PPE available for employees. To discuss your requirements please contact your Line Manager.
The DN weighbridge remains CLOSED to the public until further notice.
Clitheroe - Members of staff and the public will continue to ring the buzzer for assistance at the external window
Speke – The main office window will be used as normal, please note that once all paperwork is complete staff/members of the public should not stay in the vicinity longer than needed
We will continue to keep you informed of any updates or changes to our procedures via our social media pages and with regular updates to our website. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with your local DN Representative or by calling 01200 420200.
Our staff may be classified as key workers in a critical industry, but please remember they are also very worried husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, etc. Please help them to help you by following these new guidelines. Stay safe.